Food‑scalEUp: a project for the European development of acceleration ecosystems in digital agri‑food
Who we are
The long-term vision of the project is to build the capacity of European regional agri‑food digital innovation ecosystems, especially in "emerging" and "moderate" innovative regions, to:
- Be better connected among their regional stakeholders but also with other European regional ecosystems, thus moving towards a European accelerator ecosystem
- Be more effective, in terms of fostering the successful acceleration of tech start-ups and SMEs
- Have greater impact, in terms of fostering the digital and green transition of the food industry
- Be more resilient and therefore remain effective in crisis and fast-changing conditions
- Be widely recognised internationally and attractive to companies from other countries.
The Food‑scalEUp project is developed in the frame of the Smart Sensors 4 AgriFood partnership.
Indeed, the consortium gathered in order to help European Agrifoods Start-ups and SMEs, providing a new kinds of accelerations services allowing an easier acceleration and digitalisation of agrifood value chains.
The Food‑scalEUp project has 4 objectives:
- To map and analyse the agri‑food innovation and digital acceleration ecosystems on a European scale in order to identify best practices, strengths, areas for improvement, as well as tools and methods used
- Strengthen, identify and build connections between the different partner regions of the project in order to foster continuous improvement of the acceleration ecosystem
- Co-create and/or pilot acceleration services especially in emerging and moderated innovation ecosystems
- Maximise the reach and impact of the results achieved through communication, dissemination and exploitation
The overall objectives of the Food‑scalEUp project include:
- To develop higher quality business acceleration services in agrifood digital innovation ecosystems in emerging and moderate innovative regions
- To expand connections, knowledge sharing, collaboration at regional, European and international level, between key people representing the different actors of the agri‑food digital innovation ecosystems involved in the project
- To balance the scaling up of start-ups and SMEs and the creation of high added value local jobs in the European regions involved in the project, balancing the capacity of the agri‑food digital innovation and acceleration ecosystems in those regions.
Food‑scalEUp project is part of the Horizon Europe programme. The project responds to the call “Expanding Acceleration Ecosystems”.
The call aims at establishing new links and joint programmes between business acceleration entities located in less connected innovation ecosystems and more developed ones located in regions with high innovation performance. Activities under this call will improve the quality of business acceleration services, their network outreach and scale-up support offered to start-ups.
Duration of the project: 01.09.2022 – 31.08.2024
EU programme: HORIZON EUROPE – CSA (Coordination and Support Actions)